Upgrading PHPList on Lunarpages Hosting

Spent some time this week upgrading phplist mailing list software from 2.10.5 to 2.10.10 on a site hosted on Lunarpages.com that I help out with.

After upgrading, I ran into two issues.

1. Upon first accessing the admin page after upgrading, it was showing HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error. Phplist’s troubleshooting document tells how to correct that problem:

HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error – The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. This error message may have different causes. If you get a “500 Server Error” when installing, your server is probably running PHP as a cgi, not as an Apache module (also known as phpsuexec). Solution: In /lists/.htaccess, find php_flag magic_quotes_gpc on and delete or comment out (with a #) this line. (However phpList may display “Warning: Things will work better when PHP magic_quotes_gpc = on” which is addressed below)

2. On the Send a Message screen, the editor field was missing – in fact everything below the tabs was gone! I found a fix in the phplist forums. Specifically, just removing the comments from line 1034 wasn’t enough. Replacing lines 1031 – 1042 with the following, as recommended, fixed it.

$maincontent .= '
<tr><td>'.Help("subject").' '.$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("Subject").':</td>
<td></td></tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">
</td></tr>
<tr><td>'.Help("from").' '.$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("fromline").':</td>
<td></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">
</td></tr>';

Advertisements

#lunarpages, #phplist